Preloader

Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3…

Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3…

A few updates today…

Firstly, I’ve finished off the Hints & Tips Group and added a little content to it. I’ve joined all current users to it so you’ll see new content as I add it and hopefully you can try some of the things out. If you don’t want to be in the group you can simply leave it, and re-join in the future if you’d like to.

Secondly, I’ve added a Testing Group. Nobody is joined to this apart from me (as admin), so your first challenge for today is to find out how to join the group. I don’t know yet, so I’ll be using my secondary account after this to try it for myself. The second challenge is then to post something in the group. Doesn’t need to be much, just a ‘Hello World’ is fine, but you could see what else you can do, e.g. try to add an image. This will be a good test of how groups work.

I also fixed a problem, i.e. how to allow people born before 1958 to add their birth year. This proved to be pretty easy once I found the right settings menu. I also started to investigate the ‘Login Panel’ that remained on screen after a user logs in. I set up a secondary account to test this and did indeed see the problem for myself a couple of times. After that…I couldn’t replicate it at all, despite a significant number of login/logouts. I’m currently in a state of puzzlement over this one.

Lastly, I raised a support ticket, which proved my insanity is real! I mentioned yesterday about the missing way to add images to posts, etc. In the support ticket I asked how to add it back because it had gone missing. The reply from support was “It’s never been able to do that.” I’m convinced I was able to but I bow to their superior knowledge of their product. I think my brain cell must need to be oiled or have a rejuvenating cup of green tea!

That’s all for today folks.

Choose your Reaction!
Leave a Comment